PowerChart "Can't connect securely to this page" error

Assigned to kol.k...@gmail.com by me

Sharon Dang

Nov 4, 2021, 1:35:40 PM11/4/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi,

I'm trying to embed our app into an MPage on PowerChart and test using our ngrok link to my local environment instead of our staging environment.

When I open up PowerChart and click on our app on the TOC, I get a "can't connect securely to this page" error, attached below. When using the staging link, our app was redirecting just fine.

I think this is due to some configuration settings on the internet browser of the Citrix remote desktop. Is there a way we can configure it to accept TLS?

Thanks

Screen Shot 2021-11-04 at 10.43.35 AM.png

Eric Sornson (Cerner)

Nov 8, 2021, 6:14:46 PM11/8/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hey Sharon, this error message indicates connectivity issues and is not necessarily related to TLS.  This can also occur due to firewall filtering.  Can you check your SMART launch URLs against Palo Alto URL filtering - https://urlfiltering.paloaltonetworks.com/

-- Eric (Cerner)

Sharon Dang

Nov 9, 2021, 2:27:16 PM11/9/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Eric,

Our original working URL was categorized as "Health and Medicine" on Palo Alto URL filtering. The ngrok link we want to use to test was categorized as "Proxy Avoidance and Anonymizers."

How should we proceed from here?

Thanks,
Sharon

Kol Kheang (Cerner)

Nov 10, 2021, 8:24:50 PM11/10/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Sharon,

Is there another deployment with a different domain of this app beside using ngrok.com? If not, my recommendation is to look for an alternative. A few that come to mind are Heroku, AWS, GitHub Pages, Cloudflare Argo Tunnel.

Regards,
Kol

Kol Kheang (Cerner)

Nov 12, 2021, 11:47:59 AM11/12/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Sharon,

After looking a bit more into Argo Tunnel, it looks like it could work with your use case.

Sharon Dang

Nov 16, 2021, 3:30:25 PM11/16/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Using Argo Tunnel still caused the same error though it was categorized as "Storage" on Palo Alto URL.

Have tunneling services been successful in routing Code Program PowerChart to local machine in the past?

Kol Kheang (Cerner)

Nov 16, 2021, 3:48:31 PM11/16/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Sharon,

I've encountered issue with ngrok previously which was why I had suggested alternative options. Now, it looks like Argo Tunnel service is also blocked by the content filtering service. Perhaps you could find another service that does similar thing to proxy the traffic to the local device. Or, perhaps there is another hosting provider that can help with what you need.

Regards,
Kol

Bo Yuan

Jan 11, 2022, 4:50:57 PM1/11/22
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Kol,
we are having similar issue above. Our cerner smart app is not loading in PowerChart. Is it possible for you to help us to find out the cause? We were trying to redirect the cerner smart app to devepapps.zoomdev.us and applications.zoom.us
Thank you