Service Types

Assigned to mphil...@gmail.com by me

Michael Piotrowski

Mar 17, 2021, 4:03:39 PM3/17/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers

Hi Cerner Wizards,

The Slot API makes use of service-codes to help locate available times for an appointment.

Documentation for the Slot API is on this page:

However the following link for the Cerner codes returns a page not found - 404.
Here is the URL:

Can somebody point me at the documentation for the allowable service codes?
The doc says this is the standard Cerner code set:
    https://fhir.cerner.com/ec2458f2-1e24-41c8-b71b-0e701af7583d/codeSet/14249

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Max Philips (Cerner)

Mar 17, 2021, 4:16:49 PM3/17/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi,

Looks like we've got a typo in that link! Here's where it should lead: https://fhir.cerner.com/millennium/r4/proprietary-codes-and-systems/#scheduling

You can view information about Code Set 14249 there, but not a full list of allowed codes. This code set in particular is varied from client site to client site. If it will help I can find some values from the public sandbox that you could test with, but when moving your application to a particular client I will note that it is likely you will need work with an engagement leader to discover some new values.

Thanks,
Max (Cerner Wizard)

Michael Piotrowski

Mar 17, 2021, 5:56:33 PM3/17/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Max (aka Cerner Wizard),

Thanks for the quick turn around.  Yes, if you could help me find some values in Code Set 14249 that will let us create appointments in the public sandbox, that will be great!

I'll also take note about the caveat about needing to be ready to adjust these values when working with individual clients.

Max Philips (Cerner)

Mar 18, 2021, 10:01:03 AM3/18/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
On the home page of this Google Group, at the bottom of the group description, we have a link to "Available test patients and data in our public sandbox" which should take you here:

Further buried at the bottom of that Google document in a section "Scheduling Data" are examples of a few code values from code set 14249:
Established Patient 24477854
EVisit 2572307909
PT Eval 26054577
Video Visit 2572307911

Additionally, on http://fhir.cerner.com/millennium/r4/scheduling/slot/, we note one more value:
Surgery Rapid 4047611

Do those help you to get started? I can also add a few more data points to the test data doc if needed.

Thanks,
Max (Cerner)

Michael Piotrowski

Mar 18, 2021, 12:42:10 PM3/18/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Thanks Max, this is very helpful information.  I'll let you know how it goes.
This conversation is locked