Can I save referral info in cerner?

Sathya S

Jul 28, 2017, 4:59:30 AM7/28/17
to Cerner FHIR Developers
If this is a question about an error or issue you are seeing, please fill out the following fields:

  • Issue Summary:
    • Being a 3rd party vendor, I would like to push the referral info from my system directly into my customer's EHR (who are using Cerner). Is it possible to store the referral info directly into Cerner?
  • X-Request-Id or CorrelationId: (from Response or Error Message)
    • NA

Jenni Syed (Cerner)

Jul 28, 2017, 9:28:42 AM7/28/17
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Sathya,

All the functionality we currently support is documented here: http://fhir.cerner.com/millennium/dstu2/

We do not currently support writing referrals in (those would either go through ProcedureRequest or ReferralRequest writes).

~ Jenni

Sathya S

Jul 28, 2017, 10:23:19 AM7/28/17
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Jenni,

Thanks for your quick turnaround. I would like to know more about them.

1. Is there a documentation available for ProcedureRequest and ReferralRequest?
2. If I understand correctly, all the functionalities supported through those APIs (http://fhir.cerner.com/millennium/dstu2/) are readonly and we cannot push any data to Cerner EMR. Please correct me if I'm wrong

Jenni Syed (Cerner)

Jul 28, 2017, 10:27:43 AM7/28/17
to Cerner FHIR Developers
We do not list either ProcedureRequest or ReferralRequest as supported right now (read or write).

~ Jenni

Shelby Switzer

Jul 27, 2018, 3:48:05 PM7/27/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi all! I am also interested in writing referrals to Cerner. Is there a plan to support this in the future?

Jenni Syed (Cerner)

Jul 30, 2018, 1:15:41 PM7/30/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Shelby,

We don't comment on future timelines on this group. We would like more of our APIs to become write accessible (though we still need to expose this as read).

Keep an eye on this group and our code site to see when new functionality is released!

Regards,
Jenni