Input parameter while launching cerner app

Assigned to Fenil....@cerner.com by me

Akshaya Maheswaran

Aug 31, 2021, 8:48:16 AMAug 31
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi,
I was exploring the Cerner millennium, is there any way to send the  custom input parameters  while launching app.
FYI, I was able to add a basic application but not sure  how to send  custom input parameters.
Can you help me on this.

Thanks!
Clarification on sending input parameters.xlsx

Akshaya Maheswaran

Sep 2, 2021, 6:21:57 AMSep 2
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Team,

Any luck on my issue with respect to adding custom input parameters while launching  application in Cerner.

Regards!
Akshaya

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

Sep 9, 2021, 11:05:07 AMSep 9
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello,

Cerner does support passing additional custom context parameters during SMART launch.
We don't support the intent parameter today as well but we do support any arbitrary custom parameter with the caveat that those custom parameters have to be prefixed with cerner_
This parameter is then made available to the SMART application in the access_token.

E.g : &cerner_license_verification_id=123

Thanks,
Fenil

Akshaya Maheswaran

Sep 21, 2021, 8:05:22 AMSep 21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi,
  I have the following doubts with respect to adding custom input parameter with prefix cerner_

1.Is prefix cerner_  case-sensitive?
2.Is it mandatory to append cerner_ to each & every params as I need to pass 11params .Is it possible to append multiple parameters in launch url of the Cerner app like-

Thanks,
Akshaya.

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

Sep 22, 2021, 1:00:43 AMSep 22
to Cerner FHIR Developers
These params are configured on Cerner side and not your launch URL.

Akshaya Maheswaran

Sep 22, 2021, 7:39:32 AMSep 22
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Fenil,
Thank you for your response.
  • Based on your previous reply that Cerner does support passing additional custom context parameters during SMART launch, so we tried to add input parameters via launch url.
  • May I know where I could consider adding the input parameter as we need to config around 7-8 params.
  • Can you help to clarify where exactly we need to pass the input parameter in Cerner app and in which section it is visible.Enclosing the Screenshot of our app as we are unable to find fields for adding input parameters before tesing.
  • May I know what does Cerner side define as?
Thanks,
Akshaya.
Unable to find fields for adding input parameters in Cerner App.xlsx

Akshaya Maheswaran

Sep 23, 2021, 3:15:31 AMSep 23
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Fenil,

Any update on the question which I have previously posted.

Thanks,
Akshaya.

Akshaya Maheswaran

Sep 24, 2021, 4:18:51 AMSep 24
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Fenil,

Did get the chance to see this issue, as its blocking our development, with respect to adding input parameters/tokens in ouath2.0  via SMART on FHIR while launching Cerner app.

Thanks,
Akshaya.