Document reference API attachment maximum size

Assigned to mayur.rajen...@gmail.com by aaron....@oracle.com

thiyagarajan jagan

Mar 1, 2021, 7:10:31 AM3/1/21
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I want to POST the report content to DocumentReference API. In the content.attachment.data field what is the maximum size limit of the base64 string we can give.

Thanks,
Thiyagu.

Mayur Rajendran (Cerner)

Mar 4, 2021, 10:32:52 AM3/4/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Thiyagu,

As a guideline, we recommend keeping documents to a maximum size of 10mb.  Also, please note that transactions involving larger documents may not be as performant as transactions with smaller documents.

Thanks,
Mayur (Cerner)

thiyagarajan jagan

Mar 5, 2021, 4:59:06 AM3/5/21
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. The report file size iam using is 206KB. Iam encode the pdf to base64 and place in the attachment.data field in DocumentReference create method. But Iam getting 414 Request-URI Too Large error.
I cross checked my base64 encoded data by decoding to pdf and confirm it's displaying pdf correctly.
Please help me to resolve this error.

Thanks,
Thiyagu.

thiyagarajan jagan

Mar 5, 2021, 6:35:53 AM3/5/21
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Now I can able to create record in DocumentReference successfully.
Thanks,
Thiyagu
This conversation is locked