Test username/password for providers.

Nitesh Garg

Jun 19, 2018, 5:06:48 AM6/19/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi,

Is it possible for us to login as providers. If yes do someone has a valid username and password combination for such a user.

Thanks,
Nitesh

Kol Kheang (Cerner)

Jun 19, 2018, 9:29:57 AM6/19/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Nitesh,

Yes, once you've signed in to code Console, you can test your provider facing app.  The username and password will be listed on one of the screens after you click on "Begin Testing" button.  If you're creating a provider standalone app launch, you can use portal/portal to login.

Thanks,
Kol

Nitesh Garg

Jun 21, 2018, 1:38:40 AM6/21/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Kol,

Many Thanks for your input.

I was checking the app console but I am not able to find a Begin Testing button anywhere. Kindly guide me to the exact link from where I can enable this.

Thanks again for your help.

Best Regards,
Nitesh

Kevin Shekleton (Cerner)

Jun 21, 2018, 7:32:53 AM6/21/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
If you click on your app, it is a big blue button right under the text "Click Begin Testing to create a testing environment".

Nitesh Garg

Jun 21, 2018, 8:10:10 AM6/21/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your response. However I am still not able to find it. And its a provider app so there must be something i am missing but dont know what.

Is it something to do with the app setup?

Thanks again..

Best,
Nitesh

akshaya parimaladevi

Jun 21, 2018, 8:14:55 AM6/21/18
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kevin,
I too faced the same problem once.What I done is I registered the application once again as a provider app then it worked correctly.

Thanks,
Akshaya

Kevin Shekleton (Cerner)

Jun 21, 2018, 9:47:20 AM6/21/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Nitesh - can you share a screenshot and your app id so we can troubleshoot on our end?

Kol Kheang (Cerner)

Jun 21, 2018, 9:49:00 AM6/21/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Nitesh,

Do you have a SMART launch URL for your provider facing application?  If you don't, then that could be the reason that you don't have the "Begin Testing" button.

Kol

Nitesh Garg

Jun 22, 2018, 4:26:21 AM6/22/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Kevin,

Here is the app id :;

App Id: 5bb2685e-ba4c-4a42-8497-dfef75751806

Thanks again,

Nitesh

Kol Kheang (Cerner)

Jun 22, 2018, 11:28:38 AM6/22/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Nitesh,

I looked up your app id: 5bb2685e-ba4c-4a42-8497-dfef75751806.  This app does not have a launch URL specified.  Therefore, the system does not know how to launch it.  That is why you don't see the "Begin Testing" button at the moment.   We have plan to provide login info for this kind of app in the future while in code Console.

Are you building a standalone provider SMART app?  If so, you can launch your app by appending the iss param in the URL.  Navigate to your launch page and append: ?iss=https://fhir-ehr.sandboxcerner.com/dstu2/0b8a0111-e8e6-4c26-a91c-5069cbc6b1ca/ to your app's URL.

You'll be prompted to login.  When prompted, enter in portal/portal to login.

Nitesh Garg

Jul 1, 2018, 9:14:54 AM7/1/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Kol,

Thanks for checking this and apologies for getting back to you late. We were working on the standalone provider app without authentication for now as we wanted to first build our UI and then start on the auth flow.

I did check it in detail today and found that for stand alone provider app we fist need to find the metadata and then call the authorization flow with the details which intern will take us to the login page where we should enter the provider username and password. Below is the request url that is getting formed. However when i am entering portal/portal as username and password the it gives error for We don't recognize that email address/username and password.

Any input on this please.

Thanks,
Nitesh

Kol Kheang (Cerner)

Jul 2, 2018, 11:47:40 AM7/2/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Nitesh,

The authorization endpoint above is not correct for the provider flow.  Did you use the iss mentioned above in the query parameter?  Also, is your app reading the authorize and token endpoint from the response of Conformance (/metadata) endpoint?  The personas in the link above should have 'provider' in it for a provider flow.

Regards,
Kol

Nitesh Garg

Jul 3, 2018, 3:54:11 AM7/3/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Kol,

Thanks for your input. I did use the metadata url to fetch the conformance data however as I was trying multiple things i used incorrect url with patient personas. Now when I tried with provider then it lets me login and then redirects it to my redirect url as mentioned in my app.

TO add here do we need to iss in a standalone app. If you see the documentation here : http://docs.smarthealthit.org/authorization/ it says that iss is required for ehr launch app. Kindly let me know..

Best Regards,
Nitesh

Kol Kheang (Cerner)

Jul 3, 2018, 10:33:54 AM7/3/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Nitesh,

Good to hear that your app is working!
For a standalone app, the app will need to provide the iss param (FHIR server URL) in the query parameter.
For an app that is launched by the EHR, the EHR will append the iss in the query param when calling the app's launch URL.

Regards,
Kol

Nitesh Garg

Jul 3, 2018, 10:38:03 AM7/3/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Kol,

I have to build the OAuth flow yet I will work on that.

For standalone app it says that we send the server url in "aud" query parameter. Is that not the case. Please clarify.

Thanks again,

Best Regards,
Nitesh

Kol Kheang (Cerner)

Jul 5, 2018, 10:56:17 AM7/5/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Nitesh,

Yes, "aud" param is also required.  If you're using the open source library, fhir-client js, then the library is already doing all of that for you.

Regards,
Kol

Nitesh Garg

Jul 6, 2018, 1:18:49 AM7/6/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Kol,

Thanks for your response. Yeah i was able to make the flow and login as a provider and see the list of patient and then fetch its details.

However the main challenge we are facing is that we need to implement the login flow inside a smartglass which does not provide for manual entry of user credentials. For mobile app its easy for the user to enter details in a web page opened in a web view but on smartglasses there are restrictions with that and we normally use QR codes for data entry.

We were wondering if there a possible way of authentication using a API or the only way is the web login? Please confirm so that we can start finding a work around for this.

Thanks again..

Best Regards,
Nitesh