How to identify the encounter ID mapped to an appointment ID? #documentreference.create

mona__cerner_forum

Apr 6, 2020, 9:08:38 PM4/6/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers

DocumentReference.Create requires us to mention an Encounter ID. However, our starting point is an Appointment ID. How can we tell which encounter ID is associated with a specific Appointment ID?

Benjamin Eichhorn (Cerner)

Apr 7, 2020, 10:01:27 AM4/7/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi,

You will likely need to query the Encounter resource with the patient the appointment is for to determine which Encounter is most appropriate for the given Appointment. Unfortunately the FHIR spec does not support exposing an Encounter reference and the we do not expose an extension containing an Encounter reference.

Thanks,
Ben (Cerner)

Mona Sheikh

Apr 7, 2020, 10:04:31 AM4/7/20
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
Do you recommend another way to complete this task in Cerner? I imagine linking appointments to encounters is a need that comes up often.

Thanks.