Access for learning fhir to the sandbox.

Assigned to Fenil....@cerner.com by me

Donald French

Jan 3, 2022, 11:10:27 PM1/3/22
to Cerner FHIR Developers
I do not want to spend a lot of time doing security. for my learning. I want to be able to access the "Smart" patients and their data.

Is there a way to do this and if so, what is involved it getting setup.

Thank you
Don French

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

Jan 4, 2022, 4:15:26 PM1/4/22
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello Don,

Our test patient information can be found here: SMART on FHIR Test Patient Data

Our open (read-only) endpoint does not require an Authorization token and our closed endpoint does require an Authorization token.
The FHIR R4 Base URL for our open endpoint for our public Sandbox is: https://fhir-open.cerner.com/r4/ec2458f2-1e24-41c8-b71b-0e701af7583d

You will need to generate a token and supply it in the Authorization header to access our closed endpoint. You can read through our SMART on FHIR tutorial[1] which will take you step by step through the process of creating a SMART app, registering it in the code Console, and generating a token. If you'd prefer more raw documentation you can as well check out the Authorization[2] section on fhir.cerner.com for more information.

Thanks,
Fenil

Donald French

Jan 6, 2022, 9:56:43 PM1/6/22
to Cerner FHIR Developers
I want to just access the open sandbox to relearn.  I interfaced with Cerner 3+ years ago and need to refresh my memory. I used this query:

and got:
{
"resourceType": "OperationOutcome",
"issue": [
{
"severity": "error",
"code": "not-found",
"details": {
"text": "Not Found"
}
}
]
}
content-type is set to application/json+fhir
 is that a can not find the patient error or a call error?
Thank you
Don French

Kol Kheang (Cerner)

Jan 6, 2022, 11:21:08 PM1/6/22
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Don,

The path name for the resource is case sensitive (Patient instead of patient). Also, please set the Accept header. The Content-Type header is not needed for a GET request.

More info on the API here:

Thanks,
Kol