Financial Transaction Scope

Assigned to desani...@gmail.com by eric.s...@cerner.com

Haitai Ng

May 20, 2021, 9:04:33 AM5/20/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Cerner,

Am I interpreting this correctly?  Referring to the document: Financial Transaction R4 API Document
  • "When creating FinancialTransactions, a Basic OAuth2 token scope is required in addition to a FinancialTransaction Oauth2 token scope."

I interpreted this as the grant_type should contain Financial Transaction & Basic. This grant_type is throwing an error:

'grant_type=client_credentials&scope=20system%2FFinancialTransaction.write%20system%2FFinancialTransaction.read%20system%2FBasic.write%20system%2FBasic.read'

Thank you for your time,
Haitai

Haitai Ng

May 20, 2021, 1:56:25 PM5/20/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Follow up question. I think we might have uncovered the underlying issue. In the https://code.cerner.com/developer/smart-on-fhir/ we did not have FinancialTransaction and Basic checked off in our scope. If we apply this change, will our System Account automatically be granted these permissions?

Otherwise, we can re-request a new application

Thank you for your time,
Haitai

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

May 21, 2021, 11:28:27 AM5/21/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello,

Yes, you need to have system/Basic.write and system/FinancialTransaction.write scope to create a FinancialTransaction. We do not have read scopes for Basic and FinancialTransaction, only write.
If you add those scopes in your current App registration on https://code.cerner.com/developer/smart-on-fhir/, you should be able to use those scopes in your Authorization request.

Thanks,
Fenil (Cerner)