Unable to add the patient's preferred name

Assigned to Fenil....@cerner.com by me

Pedro Simon

Jun 8, 2021, 1:53:56 PM6/8/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Team,

In one of our features, we allow the patient enter their preferred name. This is what I tried so far:

PATCH /name/-
[
  {
    "path": "/name/-",
    "op": "add",
    "value": {
      "use": "usual",
      "given": [
        "Preferred"
      ]
    }
  }
]

and I'm getting a 422 response, with the following payload:

{
  "resourceType": "OperationOutcome",
  "issue": [
    {
      "severity": "error",
      "code": "business-rule",
      "diagnostics": "$this[0]: operation 'add' for path [/name/-] is not supported"
    }
  ]
}

Request ID: 0d96b1c3-6490-4a5c-8887-40db73d22e0d

Does this mean the addition of new names (a preferred name in this case) is not supported? Is there any way to support our use case?

Thanks!

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

Jun 9, 2021, 5:15:17 PM6/9/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers

Pedro Simon

Jun 10, 2021, 11:44:35 AM6/10/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
`/name/-` referred to the operation path. I sent the request to `PATCH /Patient/:id`, as stated in the doc, yes. I attached the request id where you can see the http uri I used is correct.

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

Jun 11, 2021, 9:14:18 AM6/11/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Name can only be tested or replaced and not added, using PATCH.
http://fhir.cerner.com/millennium/r4/individuals/patient/#patch-operations