Financial Class

Rob Rucker

Apr 7, 2020, 12:32:20 PM4/7/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Is an encounter's financial class available to apps, either through FHIR or some other method? By Financial Class I mean values like Medicare, Medicare Advantage, Workers Compensation, PPO.

Sean OQuinn (Cerner)

Apr 8, 2020, 2:46:57 PM4/8/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
We do not currently expose Financial Class via a FHIR resource.

You can currently get the financial class of the encounter through an ADT message. Millennium sends the encounter financial class through an outbound ADT in the PV1.20 segment. and the health plan financial class through the outbound IN1.35 segment.

Jenni Syed (Cerner)

Apr 8, 2020, 3:06:26 PM4/8/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Rob,

Also, just to clarify, this specific V2 field isn't mapped/available as a standard field today in FHIR in any resource that I'm aware of. If we ever exposed it, it would likely have to be an extension.

Regards,
Jenni