How to retrieve Imaging data

Assigned to Fenil....@cerner.com by me

Shubham Mandloi

Sep 27, 2021, 6:21:45 AM9/27/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello,

We want to show Imaging data for our Smart on FHIR Application. How can we retrieve Imaging data (Echo Cardiogram & X-ray) using FHIR APIs on code cerner.
Please help us out.

Thanks in advance

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

Sep 27, 2021, 12:29:06 PM9/27/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello,

You can either use to DiagnosticReport [1] to pull back a radiology report or DocumentReference [2] to pull back the clinical document. The actual X-Ray/E-cardio may not be retrievable unless there are embedded within a document.

Thanks,
Fenil
Message has been deleted

Shubham Mandloi

Sep 28, 2021, 6:31:44 AM9/28/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello Fenil,

I was able to add an image embedded in a PDF document for "Smart Timmy" patient via documentReference resource.
But when I try to retrieve that pdf by calling the DocumentReference resource via Patient filter, I could not find the pdf which I added for that patient.
But when I search the documentReference resource with DocumentID, I could retrieve the PDF I added.
So can you please let me know the method through which I can retrieve that pdf directly from patient ID?

Thanks in advance

On Tuesday, September 28, 2021 at 11:06:45 AM UTC+5:30 Shubham Mandloi wrote:
Hello Fenil,

Thanks for the reply, but out of the 10 patients available in cerner for testing, none of them have an X-ray/E-cardio embedded within a document.
So , is there any way to add an X-ray/E-cardio image in Diagnostic report for any of these test patients?
Please let us know.

Thanks in advance

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

Sep 28, 2021, 9:43:26 AM9/28/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Can you please provide x-request-ID, where you are not able to search for the document? And Also for the one where you are able to find the document by ID?

Shubham Mandloi

Sep 28, 2021, 10:18:16 AM9/28/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Fenil,

This is the X-request ID when I search DocumentReference resource for a patient but could not find the PDF I added for it-

"293d7854-2b4f-4a5e-8087-71fc86d74d0b"

This is the X-request ID when I search DocumentReference with DocumentID in which I can see the PDF for same patient-

"fe428403-ff15-49f1-bcd7-6ee4952c36b9"

Please help me out here.

Thanks
Shubham

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

Sep 28, 2021, 12:25:56 PM9/28/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
I do see the document coming back. Make sure you are paging across all the NEXT page or you can filter down the results using query params.

Shubham Mandloi

Sep 29, 2021, 8:01:08 AM9/29/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Thanks Fenil for your help.