Cerner’s Design Standard Guidelines for SMART on FHIR app

Naveed Mastan

Dec 20, 2022, 2:02:25 PM12/20/22
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi,

Can someone send me a link or attach Cerner’s Design Standard Guidelines for a SMART on FHIR app? Or should I assume the Terra UI Framework linked below is the Design Standard Guidelines for Cerner when developing a SMART app? I included the language from the Cerner Code SMART section for reference.

Thanks,
Naveed

For reference the section below is from http://fhir.cerner.com/smart/#terra-ui:

Terra UI

Some of the things that we take into consideration when validating your SMART app are user interface (UI) and user experience (UX). They are an important part of the overall user’s experience.

If you are building your SMART app using the React JavaScript library, we highly recommend that you take a look at the Terra UI framework that we’ve created and open sourced. Terra follows Cerner’s Design Standard Guidelines so your app will look and feel like a Cerner app.

Aaron McGinn (Oracle Cerner)

Feb 3, 2023, 7:12:39 PM2/3/23
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
The general guidelines that are expected are to adhere to standard usability heuristics [1].

-Aaron (Oracle Cerner)