Is Practitioner search or lookup by NPI identifier supported?

VIBHA NAIR

Sep 24, 2019, 12:11:13 PM9/24/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
I have been looking at DSTU2 and R4 Practitioner FHIR API. It does not seem to support lookup by identifier National Provider Identifier per the online documentation
It seems to only support search by id.

Is that true? Is this a functionality that will be exposed soon?

Santosh Desani (Cerner)

Sep 25, 2019, 3:33:51 PM9/25/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Vibha,

All the capabilities of our server are documented on https://fhir.cerner.com/. If NPI as search parameter, is not listed as supported for Practitioner resource then we unfortunately don't support it at this time.

For future enhancements and updates, please keep an eye on release notes[1] and general API documentation[2].

Thanks,
Santosh