Registration and integration

Assigned to aaron....@oracle.com by me

Pavan Patidar

Mar 5, 2021, 8:31:08 AM3/5/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello,

We are developing a application which will be communicating with cerner through APIs, and get and upload data to patients chart on behalf of a clinic.

We have some basic questions like:
  • What is the registration process on Cerner.
  • Do we need to register for system account? because we require a headless authentication method for background running application.
  • If we require system account then will it be available for production use also?
  • In sandbox all API calls are free to use or any are chargeable?

Aaron McGinn (Cerner)

Mar 5, 2021, 3:38:27 PM3/5/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
You will create an application for our public sandbox environment through the developer portal [1]. If you are needing a system account, you will do that first following these instructions [2] (as it is needed when you register an app). You will use a separate system account for ongoing development than you will use in client production domains. The public sandbox is free to use to help develop your applications!

-Aaron (Cerner)

Pavan Patidar

Mar 6, 2021, 5:43:20 AM3/6/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Thank you for the reply.

Could you point me to the document to understand OAuth2 authentication using system account, without manual intervention?

Also, I found that the system authentication is only available for sandbox, is it still available only for sandbox?.
I read at https://fhir.cerner.com/millennium/r4/- "Each resource interaction documents the type of authentication acceptable (patient, provider, and/or system). While an interaction may list system authentication, this is currently available only in sandbox for beta testing and is not available in production yet."

Aaron McGinn (Cerner)

Mar 10, 2021, 4:39:27 PM3/10/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Our documentation [1] has the system authentication workflow as well. This is available at all clients including the public sandbox.

-Aaron (Cerner)
This conversation is locked