Represent wound and observations

Assigned to brij....@gmail.com by aaron....@oracle.com

Gadi Manor

Jan 6, 2021, 7:59:14 AM1/6/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Our use case:
Create a wound with attributes such as location and type.
Each wound is observed over time.
Observation should include information like measurements, date, etc.
A patient can have multiple wounds.

If I go by the solution suggested in this conversation I should represent a wound by a Condition which is related to an Encounter.
I guess that when adding observations they should be related to the same encounter.
But what if there are multiple Conditions(wounds) related to a single Encounter? How can I specify which Observation belongs to each of them?

Thanks

Brij Shah

Jan 11, 2021, 2:16:30 PM1/11/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi,

Observation.focus is a potential field where wound could be possibly linked to an Observation. However, we currently do not support this field.

This conversation is locked