FinancialTransaction - Forbidden Resource

JT Snyder

Mar 26, 2021, 5:38:31 PM3/26/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hey All,

I feel fairly confident that i've followed the sample cash payment detailed here - https://fhir.cerner.com/millennium/r4/financial/financial-transaction/, but I'm soliciting the following response for some reason:

{
    "resourceType": "OperationOutcome",
    "issue": [
        {
            "severity": "error",
            "code": "forbidden",
            "details": {
                "text": "Forbidden resource"
            },
            "expression": [
                "http.Authorization"
            ]
        }
    ]
}

 I'm hoping someone knows how to get past this blocker. Thanks in advance for the assist!

-JT

Aaron McGinn (Cerner)

Mar 26, 2021, 5:40:06 PM3/26/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Per our group guidelines, could you provide the X-Request-Id response header to aid in investigation?

-Aaron (Cerner)

JT Snyder

Mar 26, 2021, 8:35:49 PM3/26/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Aaron,

My apologies! Please refer to X-Request-ID header value, e309912e-18dc-43c1-93ec-35803c008542. Thanks.

-JT

Evan Baranowski (Cerner)

Mar 29, 2021, 5:07:05 PM3/29/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hey JT,

Pretty simple fix here. This is the request you made:

2 things here.

1. The request technically failed on the fact that the correct scopes werent passed in. (So this is the main reason for the failure)
2. Writing only works on endpoints that require the user provide a token. So in order to do that you would change 'fhir-open' to 'fhir-ehr'. This will allow you to pass in a token with the proper scopes. You need both the FinancialTransaction.write and Basic.write scopes.

Evan

JT Snyder

Mar 31, 2021, 10:56:08 AM3/31/21
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
Good Morning Evan,

I changed my target endpoint to fhir-ehr and my request solicited a response code "201 Created". There was no response body. I'm not sure that was expected. If you wouldn't mind taking a look, my X-Request-Id is 530ef7e8-11f1-4b52-850f-aa5ce80a8cfa. Thanks!

-JT

JT Snyder

Mar 31, 2021, 11:05:20 AM3/31/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Scratch that! I just reviewed the specification and I do believe this was the expected response. Now how do I go about reviewing the payment I just processed? Should it be reflected in a statement query? Thanks again!

-JT

Alex Beckner (Cerner)

Apr 2, 2021, 9:12:30 AM4/2/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi JT,

You are correct. The "201 Created" response means you successfully created a FinancialTransaction in Millennium. If you know the guarantor-balance Account associated with the Encounter you targeted for the transaction, then you would be able to look at that Account and see the account-balance extension amount has changed.

Kind regards,
Alex (Cerner)

JT Snyder

Apr 6, 2021, 3:29:57 PM4/6/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Thanks Alex! I'm not finding a request that yields a change in account-balance. Would you mind pointing me in the right direction? Thanks in advance!

-JT

JT Snyder

Apr 8, 2021, 9:29:50 AM4/8/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Good Morning All,

If anyone has any guidance on how to query for a change in account balance following a FinancialTransaction payment, I'm anxious to wrap up a proof of concept. At this point, the only balance I'm seeing is through a statement inquiry and that value is reasonably static. Thanks again!

-JT

Alex Beckner (Cerner)

Apr 8, 2021, 2:58:17 PM4/8/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi JT,

The balance on a statement Account will always be static as it reflects the balance at the time of statement generation. You will only see a change in balance with the guarantor-balance Account types associated to the encounter you are targeting for your payment. What encounter id are you using as a target for your Financial Transactions?

Kind regards,
Alex (Cerner)

JT Snyder

Apr 8, 2021, 3:47:20 PM4/8/21
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,

I targeted encounter, 97953604. with a $12 cash payment as outlined in the documented sample. I'm just not sure how to query the guarantor-balance after the fact. Thanks for the continued guidance!

-JT

Alex Beckner (Cerner)

Apr 8, 2021, 5:01:24 PM4/8/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi JT,

Account id G63392574 is the guarantor-balance account associated with encounter 97953604. You can retrieve that account with the below request:

https://fhir-open.cerner.com/r4/ec2458f2-1e24-41c8-b71b-0e701af7583d/Account/G63392574

Kind regards,
Alex (Cerner)

JT Snyder

Apr 9, 2021, 2:19:57 PM4/9/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hey Alex,

Great! I have a few other question if I may.

1.) Is there a way to get a list of patients?
2.) Is there a way to get a list of statements for a patient?
3.) Is there a way to get a list of transaction aliases?
4.) Is there a way to get a list of transaction locations?

Thanks again for the continued guidance!

-JT

Alex Beckner (Cerner)

Apr 9, 2021, 3:56:57 PM4/9/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi JT,

You can find all of those in the Available test patients and data in our public sandbox document listed under the Helpful Links section on the main page of the Cerner FHIR Developers Google Group. If you scroll down in the document outline you will eventually see the Financial Data section.

Kind regards,
Alex (Cerner)

JT Snyder

Apr 12, 2021, 1:56:27 PM4/12/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the referenced document. Is there a way to systematically retrieve a list of statements for a given patient? I'm thinking of a use case where a patient logs into their profile, selects the statements they wish to pay, those statement balances are aggregated and reduced by the corresponding aggregated guarantor balances, and then ultimately a financial transaction is issued to reflect payment(s) processed. Thanks again!

-JT

JT Snyder

Apr 15, 2021, 3:20:25 PM4/15/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Good Afternoon Alex,

I hope all is well. When you have an opportunity, I will be interested in your thoughts regarding my latest inquiry. Thanks for your continued guidance!

-JT

Alex Beckner (Cerner)

Apr 19, 2021, 9:09:00 AM4/19/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi JT,

I apologize for the delayed response. Unfortunately, we do not currently support retrieving a list of statements for a given patient. As per the Notes of the Account Search Parameters, we support retrieving statement Accounts by the following parameter combinations:

  • _id alone
  • patient, identifier, and type set to ‘statement’

Kind regards,
Alex (Cerner)

JT Snyder

Apr 19, 2021, 1:56:26 PM4/19/21
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,

Thanks for the response. No worries on the delay. If I'm understanding correctly, a statement simply needs to be known before leveraging a solution through which to pay against it. Perhaps with future enhancements, we'll be able to build a solution that allows a patient to see all of their statements in a common view, which ones have open balances and an option to pay against them.Thanks again!

-JT