How do I get a list of all patients with diabetes, if possible?

Brian Hannan

May 21, 2018, 4:18:55 PM5/21/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
How do I get a list of all patients with diabetes, if possible?
  • Issue Summary: I'm curious what the web service call flow would be in order to get a list of all patients with diabetes.
  • X-Request-Id or CorrelationId: n/a

Jenni Syed (Cerner)

May 22, 2018, 3:35:05 PM5/22/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Brian,

This is not currently possible in our FHIR server. The existing APIs are currently built for patient-centric activities and workflows (like patient's viewing their data, or providers viewing a patient's chart). An app could check to see if the currently opened patient *has* diabetes, but wouldn't be able to dynamically find all patients with diabetes.

Regards,
~ Jenni

Brian Hannan

May 23, 2018, 2:08:06 PM5/23/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Jenni,

Thanks for the response. That is what I was thinking was the case because I couldn't find it anywhere.