Patient facing App - Scheduling

Assigned to aaron....@oracle.com by me

Dhanya joy

Jan 7, 2021, 8:31:01 PM1/7/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
I am trying to build a patient facing SMART app for Scheduling. (finally end up in Healthelife). I did find that as soon as I choose App type as "Patient" facing, scope for appointment says "read" but not write.

Attaching the screenshot.  May I know if FHIR is an option? Any alternative suggestions?

Regards
Dhanya Joy
PatientApp.PNG

Dhanya joy

Jan 9, 2021, 7:49:48 AM1/9/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
I would like to develop and integrate my custom SMART application that lets patients to book  "appointment" into HealthLife. But I see that App type "Patient" does not have the scope for appointment.write

Can someone please advise if creating an app of type "SYSTEM"  is the path to go or not?

Aaron McGinn (Cerner)

Jan 9, 2021, 3:46:31 PM1/9/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Correct, the 'patient' persona currently does not have the capability to write information back into Cerner. Our documentation [1] lists the persona types that are authorized for each action in a resource. In this case, both system and provider personas have the ability to create appointments.

-Aaron (Cerner)

Dhanya joy

Jan 9, 2021, 3:54:53 PM1/9/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Appreciate your response on weekend

I currently do not have a system account to test it from cerner sandbox. I have request for one, waiting on the response

Meanwhile, Is it ok/advised to user "System personas"  from Healthelife in order to create appointment? Do you see any issues going with that solution?

Aaron McGinn (Cerner)

Jan 9, 2021, 3:56:42 PM1/9/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
You should have a separate system account [1] for each FHIR and HealtheIntent workflows.

-Aaron (Cerner)

Dhanya joy

Jan 9, 2021, 4:05:10 PM1/9/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Can you help me figure out the url?

Aaron McGinn (Cerner)

Jan 9, 2021, 4:07:39 PM1/9/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
You will most likely not use a customized URL for Cerner Central:

-Aaron (Cerner)
Message has been deleted

Dhanya joy

Jan 10, 2021, 5:51:30 PM1/10/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
I work for cerner client and I assume I should have  customized URL . Agree? I am not sure, how to get it though.

Dhanya joy

Jan 11, 2021, 10:57:28 PM1/11/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Can someone please help me here?

I have requested for a system account and unfortunately its still pending. I work for Cerner client. I am worried if I am on wrong direction?

Aaron McGinn (Cerner)

Jan 11, 2021, 11:58:29 PM1/11/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
The account approval process usually takes several days. Are you trying to test in your domain or the public sandbox domain?

-Aaron (Cerner)

Dhanya joy

Jan 12, 2021, 3:12:38 AM1/12/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers

Oh really,
My plan was to start with  sandbox , then MOCK, then PROD

Cerner sandbox says "Please request a system account via the nonproduction instance of Cerner Central System Account Registration. Paste the provided system account key in this textbox. "

And so I assume I should wait until I get this account key? or are there any other alternatives?

This conversation is locked