422 Unprocessable entity booking appointment

Assigned to eric.s...@cerner.com by me

aa and

Jul 1, 2021, 5:05:39 PM7/1/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello,

Trying to test out a new appointment type in our dev environment and am receiving this error when trying to book an appointment slot. i can see it working for other appointment types. not sure if i'm missing something... any help is much appreciated!

chunkedConnection: keep-alive
Server-Response-Time: 272.205717
Vary: Origin
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2021 18:31:11 GMT

some more details:
StatusCodeError: 400 - {"data":{"svcError":"Failed [422|Unprocessable Entity|Unprocessable entity] POSTing [System.Net.Http.StringContent] to URL [https://fhir-ehr.sandboxcerner.com/dstu2/{someID}/Appointment] for new appointment for patient [{patientID}] with Slot ID [{slodID}]","appointmentID":0,"encounterNumber":0,"guid":""},"status":"fail","apiVersion":"1.0.106"}

Eric Sornson (Cerner)

Jul 2, 2021, 11:35:42 AM7/2/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hey aandyhca! It's possible this error message isn't getting propagated to the API response (you might want to look at consuming Cerner's R4 APIs for better error messages), but I'm seeing an error message related to this transaction indicating the appointment is not available to book:
'The availability was not confirmed. Appointment availability is unavailable.'

It's likely some resource associated to slot/appointment type was not available for the timeslot you're attempting to book.
- Eric (Cerner)

aa and

Jul 6, 2021, 10:23:42 AM7/6/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
our team that handles the appointment builds is asking if there is a specific build solution? we have it modeled after a currently working appt type so it is strange that it is not working unless there's something that i'm not sending on my end to the api? From what you said it sounds like my post to the API is appropriate, but the way the appointment has been built/setup may be causing the issue?

Richard Leaf

Jul 7, 2021, 5:16:21 PM7/7/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
There are a number of reason that the local service will present with an "Availability unavailable" message. There could be factors like duplicate appointment warnings, or other business rules on the scheduling side that would prevent an appointment from booking when calling with an otherwise available Slot.  Looking at the logs, I would go back to the appointment folks and see if there is any duplicate appointment rules.