Are pictures of the patient and or provider available via the Cerner version of FHIR?

Mark Butler

Oct 16, 2018, 4:06:36 PM10/16/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
I'd like to do some facial recognition stuff with SMART on FHIR. I've seen that the FHIR spec has room for at least one picture of a patient. Is this available in the Cerner API? I'm working with Millennium.

Thanks in advance.

Jenni Syed (Cerner)

Oct 17, 2018, 11:17:42 AM10/17/18
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark,

We don't currently return the patient's profile picture from our patient service.

Thanks,
Jenni

Mark Butler

Oct 17, 2018, 1:24:59 PM10/17/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers

Thanks for the reply Jenni. Is that link related to the answer?

Jenni Syed (Cerner)

Oct 17, 2018, 1:51:06 PM10/17/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
It would have been... if I had grabbed the correct one... :)

I updated it to point to the overview of the resource. We try to list (and link) to all the fields we expose for each resource in the overview section.

~ Jenni

Mark Butler

Oct 18, 2018, 5:51:41 PM10/18/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
I already know the answer but...

Is making patient images available anywhere on the horizon?

I'd like to use it for automated check-in using Facial Recognition. (Sounds like fun doesn't it?)

Yegor Hanov (Cerner)

Oct 18, 2018, 9:13:45 PM10/18/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi, Mark!  Picture retrieval is not on our short term plans.

-Yegor (Cerner)

Mark Butler

Oct 18, 2018, 10:49:40 PM10/18/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
I'll buy you a half rack and two large pizzas if you add it.