"Search" scope in addition to "Read" scope.

jonathan...@gmail.com

May 22, 2017, 2:57:41 PM5/22/17
to Cerner FHIR Developers
I have a question about setting up FHIR conformance. I have noticed based on sandbox configurations Cerner only allows to "Read" and "Write" from the scope standpoint. Pretty much it is "Read" and in few cases "Write" is also available.
However, if a Cerner client is interested in also allowing "Search" scope for their FHIR server, is that something available?

Also, when clients get FHIR services do they have full control over Conformance or does Cerner keeps control of the conformance?

We are trying to find out if we can also allow "Search" scope in addition to "Read." or not.

Thanks,
Jon

Michele Mottini

May 22, 2017, 3:03:22 PM5/22/17
to Cerner FHIR Developers
'Read' covers also searches

Also, when clients get FHIR services do they have full control over Conformance or does Cerner keeps control of the conformance?

Not 100% sure what you mean - the conformance statement describe the server capabilities, that are fixed

 - Michele
  CareEvolution Inc

Kevin Shekleton (Cerner)

May 22, 2017, 3:12:29 PM5/22/17
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Jon!

If you are granted a 'read' scope (eg, patient/Observation.read), that means you can search the resource too. SMART does not define a .search scope. The is one EHR vendor (not Cerner) who has introduced a "search" scope which is separate from read. However, this is not standard and deviates from SMART.

Best,
Kevin (Cerner)

jonathan...@gmail.com

May 22, 2017, 5:59:15 PM5/22/17