Different launch url for our app

Laurence Labonté

Apr 16, 2021, 2:26:47 PM4/16/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi,

In our app, we want to be able to support our cloud and on-premise client. How would that work with a single app on the Cerner side?. From what I can understand from the document and the sandbox, is that each app has a single launch and callback url.

How would that work for a smart app that can we hosted on a on-premise site at a client in addition to our cloud infrastructure. Can a single app handle multiple launch url? Those url would not be knowned before the unboarding of future client.

Any insight or documentation I missed regarding deployment or similar setup?

Thank you,

Laurence

Aaron McGinn (Cerner)

Apr 16, 2021, 2:31:10 PM4/16/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
You would need separate apps for separate launch URIs, but they can be set up to share the same authorization/client ID/redirect URIs. Otherwise, you will just register a new application every time you need one for the on-premise client.

-Aaron (Cerner)

Laurence Labonté

Apr 16, 2021, 2:33:38 PM4/16/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
And would each of those go through different validation process (and possible additional fees since they are different app)?

Aaron McGinn (Cerner)

Apr 16, 2021, 3:27:07 PM4/16/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
No, it would be considered multiple instances of the same app to accommodate the client domains.

-Aaron (Cerner)

Colin McCormack

May 7, 2021, 8:49:45 AM5/7/21
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aaron,
I am successfully running multiple clients using the approach of registering an app for each of them. This approach does not scale well when each client needs a prod and a test app registered. I'd like to register one app (for prod and one app for test) and point it to a proxy that can then redirect traffic to the appropriate client domain. I have analyzed the web traffic and see the very first request (launch URL) contains the iss param with tenant however subsequent requests from Cerner do not have this identifier.
Does Cerner have any documentation on how I could set up a single app proxy and redirect as needed?

Thanks, Colin

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

May 7, 2021, 11:57:59 AM5/7/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello Colin,

That seems to be the correct workflow of having 1 PROD App and 1 Non-Prod App The App will have single launch URL but multiple redirect URIs. When you launch your App, on your launch URL, you get back iss param which is unique to each domain. Based on that iss param, you can redirect your App accordingly. I'm not sure why would you need the iss identifier again?

Thanks,
Fenil (Cerner)

Colin McCormack

May 7, 2021, 5:23:41 PM5/7/21
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fenil,

I am not familiar with multiple redirect URIs. I have not seen that option when registering an app. Can you provide further guidance on this?

Thanks, Colin.

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

May 10, 2021, 10:40:35 AM5/10/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Additional redirect_uris cannot be added through code Console as of today. We can do that manually for you!
This conversation is locked