DocumentReference Search - Dates of Service (DSTU2)

Jason Brito

May 9, 2022, 12:42:53 PM5/9/22
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello,
What is the correct mechanism to search for Documents for a given Date of Service range?

DocumentReference.Search allows for searching on created, but is that the date of service for that episode of care?

For reference, Epic's implementation allows for searching on a period that we've observed to correlate with the patients date of service.

Do we first need to perform an Encounter.Search, inspect the period of each encounter, then subsequently do Document Reference searches with each encounter id that matches the Date of Service we are looking for?