Creation of allergy returns 500

Assigned to Fenil....@cerner.com by me

Pedro Simon

Jun 3, 2021, 3:52:02 PM6/3/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers

Hi! Another issue I'm having with the AllergyIntolerance resource.

When a patient has no allergies, and I attempt to create an allergy with the following data

{
    "clinicalStatus": {
        "coding": [
            {
                "system": "http://terminology.hl7.org/CodeSystem/allergyintolerance-clinical",
                "code": "active"
            }
        ]
    },
    "code": {
        "coding": [
            {
                "system": "http://snomed.info/sct",
                "code": "67825001"
            }
        ],
        "text": "Pollen"
    },
    "patient": {
        "reference": "Patient/12754393"
    },
    "resourceType": "AllergyIntolerance"
}

it returns a 500 response. But it's happening just for this Pollen with code 67825001, because when I send Pollen code
256259004:

{
    "clinicalStatus": {
        "coding": [
            {
                "system": "http://terminology.hl7.org/CodeSystem/allergyintolerance-clinical",
                "code": "active"
            }
        ]
    },
    "code": {
        "coding": [
            {
                "system": "http://snomed.info/sct",
                "code": "256259004"
            }
        ],
        "text": "Pollen"
    },
    "patient": {
        "reference": "Patient/12754392"
    },
    "resourceType": "AllergyIntolerance"
}

it works perfectly. It worked well for all allergies I created, except for Pollen code:
67825001 system uri:

Both are valid SNOMED alllergies. How could I know when a specific allergy is not supported beforehand? Any recommendations?

Request ID of failing example:
f92997b8-a442-4648-9174-e773c36111be

Thanks a lot!

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

Jun 4, 2021, 11:26:51 AM6/4/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Is Snomed 67825001 active ?
It depends on the mappings per domain. Our Sandbox does not have mapping for 67825001.

Pedro Simon

Jun 7, 2021, 9:23:16 AM6/7/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
According to this it is not active. I guess that might be the problem... Seems we'll need to filter those, right? Thanks!

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

Jun 7, 2021, 10:03:26 AM6/7/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Correct! For Pollen, 67825001 is not mapped in our domain but 256259004  is mapped.
You would need to use 256259004  for pollen.

Pedro Simon

Jun 10, 2021, 4:37:26 PM6/10/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
A follow-up question related to that? How can we know if an allergy is active or not? Is there a way to find out that? We use the UMLS data, which has the columns detailed in this site, does any of those columns represent the "active" status?

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

Jun 11, 2021, 9:08:34 AM6/11/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
We would not have knowledge about UMLS data. Our Mappings team is generally up-to date with the active allergies/Snomeds out there