"Create DocumentReference FHIR Smoke Test"?

Assigned to avery...@cerner.com by me

Kevin Maloy

Oct 1, 2018, 8:32:39 PM10/1/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi --

Some DocumentReference on Tim Peters refer to Binary urls that only resolve to 404's

such as

They seem to be labeled "Create DocumentReference FHIR Smoke Test" ...

should we expect such behavior in prod systems? ie that DocumentReference can return invalid urls for Binary?

Thanks,
kevin.

Avery Allen (Cerner)

Oct 2, 2018, 11:10:50 AM10/2/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Kevin,

The template build for the underlying Clinical Reporting service that generates the PDF documents linked in DocumentReference was not configured to render Rheumatology Progress Notes (the document type of the DocumentReferences mentioned above).

I've updated the template build and the link in your post above should now work correctly.

It's possible for DocumentReference attachments to link to a Binary resource that 404s in production environments if the client's clinical reporting template build is not configured to handle the type of the document being requested, but the issue can be resolved by working with the client to update their configuration.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

- Avery