Dis-synchronization between Cerner sand box and FHIR server (test patients demography details)

Yoav Naaman

Jun 23, 2019, 4:00:33 AM6/23/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi All,

Just got test patient demographics data from SandBox FHIR server, and it seems different then the send box test patients data on "begin testing" modal.
Example:

SMART Wilma suppose to be female but got Male.
SMART Timmy name, actually getting SMART Tute.

Is this just dis-synchronization between Cerner sand box and FHIR server? or something wrong with my FHIR request?

Benjamin Eichhorn (Cerner)

Jun 24, 2019, 9:35:33 AM6/24/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi,

You are likely refer to the data displayed within the Code Portal, which is not, currently, automatically updated.

Unfortunately, since this is a public sandbox, it's possible that the details of patients is changed. The FHIR server will have the most up-to-date information on the patients and their information was likely changed.

Thanks,
Ben (Cerner)

Yong Wu

Jun 24, 2019, 10:47:40 AM6/24/19
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
I had the same problem. So are you saying that there is no way for us to verify that the data I get is correct?

-Yong

Benjamin Eichhorn (Cerner)

Jun 24, 2019, 11:29:05 AM6/24/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi,

I have resolved the information for Timmy Smart. In regards to the question regarding "verifying the data is correct". I'm not entirely sure I follow. The data you receive back from FHIR is the most up to date information regarding the patient and while the name is different, the old name (at the time this original question was posted) was returned within the body of the response.

Thanks,
Ben (Cerner)

Yong Wu

Jun 24, 2019, 11:39:44 AM6/24/19
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
Here is the case:

My code gets the data from FHIR server, processes it and shows it in my application. Say I see two allergies. How do i know that my parsing is done correctly and all data is displayed? Currently the only way I could verify it is to capture the JSON from FHIR. It has to be done in programmatic way. I am hoping for a simple way to view the data on Cerner side in real time.

-Yong

Benjamin Eichhorn (Cerner)

Jun 24, 2019, 1:08:22 PM6/24/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Yong,

If you want to ensure you have done parsing of data correctly, you would need to manually do that yourself. A tool we recommend of querying to view the FHIR response easily is Postman[1]. The information returned via FHIR is going to up-to-date at the time of the request.

Thanks,
Ben (Cerner)