Binary document not found

Assigned to Fenil....@cerner.com by me

Francesca Ricci-Tam

Aug 23, 2021, 8:58:20 PM8/23/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello all,

I am fetching various resources associated with test patient Nancy Smart, including resources referenced inside other documents that have to be requested explicitly by id rather than patient id (e.g., binary documents).

One of the references located inside one of Nancy's documents was a reference to Binary/XR-197515134.
When I tried to request it via the following url:
'https://fhir-myrecord.cerner.com/r4/ec2458f2-1e24-41c8-b71b-0e701af7583d/Binary/XR-197515134'
it failed with status 404 (not found).

Did I do something incorrectly, or does this document actually not exist? Do the test patient data reference documents that don't exist?
Thanks,

Francesca Ricci-Tam

Francesca Ricci-Tam

Aug 24, 2021, 1:26:14 PM8/24/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Incidentally, I am also finding that while a small number of my requests by Id for binary documents (which I found referenced in Nancy Smart's other resources) are successfully going through and returning data, most of the requests are failing with status codes 403 (not authorized), 404 (page not found) or 500 (generic).

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

Aug 24, 2021, 2:01:21 PM8/24/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello,

Since this is our public Sandbox, there maybe a lot of dummy/bad-data on frequently used test-patients. If you think a valid document is throwing an error, please provide X-Request-Id of the failure.

Thanks,
Fenil

Francesca Ricci-Tam

Aug 24, 2021, 2:16:51 PM8/24/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello Fenil,

Ok, good to know.
Here is a list of the Binary documents (just resource, id, and error message) whose requests failed; there were 338 of them.
Thanks,

Francesca
BinaryFailures.txt

Sid Bhatt

Aug 26, 2021, 2:31:16 PM8/26/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
are binary documents primarily patient ed material or can they contain imaging documents, scanned records, etc.?

we only see patient ed material so I am curious.

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

Aug 30, 2021, 9:39:09 AM8/30/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
A document can be anything such as patient ED, Discharge Summary, Medication Instructions, and more.