Sending data to Cerner

alex....@leafhealthcare.com

Jun 12, 2018, 12:40:07 PM6/12/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers

We have a product that measures a patient's position while in the hospital.  E.g. the patient is on their Back, Left side, Right side, up Upright (sitting up in bed).

We are looking for a way to send this information to the EMR (Cerner) so that manual documentation by the nurse would no longer be necessary (who currently has to manually indicate which side the patient is on in the EMR directly).

We have an HL7 interface which can send out periodic patient position messages, or, alternatively, a full detailed summary of patient positions in PDF format when the patient is discharged.

We would like to send this information to the EMR (Cerner or other), so I'm looking for information on how to do.

Using another method such as FHIR to send the data would be fine as well.

I'm looking for any pointers on how to achieve this.  I've briefly browser the "cerner-fhir-developers" group but did not see a way to transmit clinical data to Cerner, setup a flowsheet, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Alex Kreis

Bryan Webb

Jun 12, 2018, 2:37:58 PM6/12/18
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
There is a rest camm Interface
May have to go to an intermediary

Sent from my iPhone

Jenni Syed (Cerner)

Jun 15, 2018, 4:17:35 PM6/15/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Alex,

Right now we do not have a way to write this data (usually an Observation) via FHIR. This group is monitored by our SMART and FHIR teams, so we don't have expertise on what other HL7 interfaces may be set up (and this can vary by client). You may want to reach out to the client you are working with to see what other options they have.

~ Jenni