401 unauthorized error returned from create observation

Craig P.

Mar 29, 2023, 10:43:53 AM3/29/23
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
My FHIR application (really just a postman call at this point) is trying to create an Observation in the cerner FHIR sandbox.  I am able to do it against Epic FHIR sandbox.

I get 401 unauthorized from the POST https://fhir-ehr.cerner.com/r4/ec2458f2-1e24-41c8-b71b-0e701af7583d/Observation

I asked the Cerner Care helpdesk if my account needed to be system instead of standard.  They sent me here.  I did look in Cerner Code where my application specifies what api calls it wants to make and both observation read and write are selected.  The bearer token of that application is what I am using in my postman call.

Has anyone successfully created an observation?  I can read observations.  When I search the forum for 401 observation  I only see questions about reading observations.

Ionut Balan Oracle Cerner

Mar 31, 2023, 9:35:38 AM3/31/23
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
In order to investigate more, please provide the X-request-id value you receive on the response headers.

Craig P.

Apr 3, 2023, 1:17:28 PM4/3/23
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
a71ddd75-99a6-4541-839a-8a525c1381e3

Ionut Balan Oracle Cerner

Apr 6, 2023, 3:02:35 AM4/6/23
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
I am not able to find this entry in our logs at this time.

Can you redo that call and post the new X-Request-Id you receive?
Thanks.

Craig P.

Apr 6, 2023, 6:05:44 AM4/6/23
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
POST

with bearer token than ends in wIn0.

gives 401  and this id 6740b484-7928-49e0-bd8d-a49bd3076934