Invalid Launch Code error when signing in through ehr context

Liam O'Toole

Oct 28, 2019, 3:30:14 PM10/28/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Firstly, thanks to anyone who provides me some guidance and help with this.
Error: 'invalid_request'
Error_uri: https://authorization.sandboxcerner.com/errors/urn%3Acerner%3Aerror%3Aauthorization-server%3Asmart-v1%3Agrant%3Alaunch%3Ainvalid-launch-code/instances/f51a2eb2-ec29-4140-a531-9bfa5f04619c?persona=provider&client=ddbfff6e-df6f-46f4-a61e-883fb1b8738e&tenant=0b8a0111-e8e6-4c26-a91c-5069cbc6b1ca

Context:
Req Params:
scope: patient/Patient.read patient/Observation.read launch online_access openid profile
client_id = my client id
response_type=code
redirect_uri = redirect uri I have set in developer console
launch = my client id
state = my jwt containg state

I am redirected to the millennia.sandboxcerner.com and prompted for a username and password.... I use "portal" for both, and then I receive the invalid request when redirected to my application.
I am launching in an ehr context and it is a provider application.
If I remove the launch parameter and do not have it in my scope, I get access denied or invalid request before being redirected to the login page.

Full error output here:
- "Test-Provider-App" was attempting to request access to healthcare data with FHIR Play Millennium, but appears to have sent out-dated information. If you are still using Test-Provider-App, please try re-launching it. If you require further assistance, please contact support.
- The launch code the server received was invalid. This could have been sent by a different party using the wrong issuer value, or the code has since expired since issued.

Madhur Rajendran (Cerner)

Oct 29, 2019, 10:02:40 AM10/29/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Liam,

As per our troubleshooting guidelines, would you please post the X-Request-Id of the failure you received?

Thanks,
Madhur (Cerner)

Liam O'Toole

Oct 30, 2019, 1:17:05 PM10/30/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Thank you for you response.
The only code I am seeing that could be a X-Request-Id is: ea7abeb6-e214-4773-8511-ae11c47fb915
It says to provide support with this.

Thanks,
Liam

Madhur Rajendran (Cerner)

Oct 31, 2019, 11:17:55 AM10/31/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Liam,

Thank you for providing the correlation id.
Can you elaborate on this statement: 'I am launching in an ehr context and it is a provider application.'?
Are you launching through the code console?