Submit your provider app Questions

Assigned to Fenil....@cerner.com by me

pavan....@emorphis.com

May 17, 2021, 9:41:58 AM5/17/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello,

I have few queries mentioned below.

Is validation process required? we have seen in document that says you can forgo that process.

At Submit your provider app form we found it is asking "I have tested my app with a Cerner client organization *" How we will be able to test with customers account? Do you provide them test environment.

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

May 18, 2021, 12:06:53 AM5/18/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello,

Direct to Consumer Applications do not require validation - https://code.cerner.com/apiaccess
Few Applications Vendors work directly with or on behalf of the Health System. In that case, you can answer Yes and provide more details. If not, you can select No.
Cerner does not facilitate connecting Vendors directly with the vendors. You can test your Application against our Public Sandbox and join the CODE program for integration.

Thanks,
Fenil (Cerner)

pavan....@emorphis.com

May 24, 2021, 8:46:37 AM5/24/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
  1. I am talking about 'Connecting a provider access app' at https://code.cerner.com/apiaccess page, I am getting confused because it is mentioned that you can forgo the validation process, so will it be applied for provider access app also?
  2. Is there any portal/app where we will be able to see the documents uploaded using the sandbox APIs?

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

May 24, 2021, 1:33:52 PM5/24/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Correct, as mentioned https://code.cerner.com/apiaccess page, Validation is not required, however, the Health System where you integrate the App may require you to go through Validation.
No, currently there is no portal to track the progress after submission of your documents.

pavan....@emorphis.com

May 25, 2021, 8:11:51 AM5/25/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Thank you,
I am getting confused by term 'Health system where you integrate the app may require validation' can you provide clarity on that?

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

May 26, 2021, 9:40:42 AM5/26/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Health System = Hospital Organization.
They MAY ask you to participate in Cerner's CODE Program.

pavan....@emorphis.com

Jun 30, 2021, 9:52:01 AM6/30/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello,

We are using system account and we have multi clinic architecture, in that case do we need to use separate secrete key for each clinic for cerner api calls?
Do we need to go through the validation process for each clinic registered in our system? Or the validation process is applied on application only?

pavan....@emorphis.com

Jul 7, 2021, 4:56:29 AM7/7/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Any update?

We are using system account and we have multi clinic architecture, in that case do we need to use separate secrete key for each clinic for cerner api calls?
Do we need to go through the validation process for each clinic registered in our system? Or the validation process is applied on application only?

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

Jul 12, 2021, 2:01:44 PM7/12/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
The Validation process is applied only once per App. Once validated, your App can integrated with multiple Health Systems.
A single set of client credentials can be used to connect with multiple Health System's PROD domain.

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

Jul 13, 2021, 12:46:31 AM7/13/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
To Add,
If the functionality of the Application changes, the App maybe subject to re-validation.