Embedding HTML app in Cerner Millennium without including Cerner Embeddable JS library or disabling X-Frame-Options:deny

Ashish Sharma

May 3, 2020, 7:50:23 AM5/3/20
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We have a oncology treatment related symptom management which is integrated with our own oncology information system as well as with a couple of other vendors.
Our application is multi-tenant and certified for IE-11. It embeds into the EHR (and is linked to patient portal) of another vendor and is also accessed by providers and patients directly.

What are the options for us embedding our application into Cerner Millennium if we:
1. Do not want to disable the x-frame-options header
2. Do not want to add Cerner's SMART Embeddable lib javascript to our application

The workflows we support are:
1. Nurse opens a case list window which is not associated with the nurse's care team. Only provider context is used.
2. Nurse opens a case list windows specific for a patient. Patient and Provider context are used.
3. Patient opens a symptom management window, only patient context is used

We would ideally like to see in Millennium:
1. A menu item, which providers can use to launch our application (without patient context if a patient is not open)
2. A link in the patient portal which patients can use to launch our application.

Additionally, what would it take to:
1. Create  new TOC link for our app which opens a new tab in Cerner, using a new instance of the embedded browser control (as our App does not support embedding in an iframe)

Any documentation as to how to achieve this will be very helpful.

Thanks
Ashish / Varian

Ashish Sharma

May 6, 2020, 1:58:37 AM5/6/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Anyone from the Cerner team?

Benjamin Eichhorn (Cerner)

May 8, 2020, 9:05:42 AM5/8/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi,

I apologize for the delay. Within MPage, we do not offer any other options to embed a smart app.

However, if the app is only going to be launched from the table of content (TOC) or Organizer view in Millennium PowerChart then the app doesn't need the library and can keep x-frame-options header set since those launch points are not using iframe.

Thanks,
Ben (Cerner)

Ashish Sharma

May 12, 2020, 11:35:42 AM5/12/20