PowerChart - Practitioner can't see patient chart

Assigned to aaron....@oracle.com by me

Nehuen Antiman

Feb 17, 2021, 3:39:55 PM2/17/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
We have created two patients in the sandbox. Though we are seeing the following modal whenever we try to access their patient charts in power chart.
I don't know what the 'privilege database tool' is. Is that something you need to do for us?

These are the two patients we created and would like to see their patient charts.

Should I provide more information?

Thank you,
Nehuen Antiman (Teladoc Health)
Screenshot at Feb 17 17-35-35.png

Aaron McGinn (Cerner)

Feb 17, 2021, 4:17:54 PM2/17/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
I believe you're getting that error because there is no Encounter yet for that patient. Is there a reason you chose that location? I'm not sure I understand the video visit in the OR. The OR location you chose is not currently configured to automatically create an Encounter. What is your workflow, and we can help figure out what the best Appointment/Location would be best.

-Aaron (Cerner)

Nehuen Antiman

Feb 18, 2021, 9:28:54 AM2/18/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
> Is there a reason you chose that location?

No. Just chose first available slot in the list after a query like this one.
https://fhir-ehr-code.cerner.com/dstu2/ec2458f2-1e24-41c8-b71b-0e701af7583d/Slot?start=ge2021-02-18T14:00:00.000Z&start=lt2021-02-18T14:30:00.000Z&slot-type=http://snomed.info/sct|394581000&_count=10

My workflow is:
1. Slot search for an specific time slot. Slot type: Video visit.
2. Create an appointment for one of our two patients using the previously found slot.
3. Practitioner launches our SMART app from the Patient Chart in PowerChart.

3) is failing in as shown in screenshot in previous message. As practitioner can't see the selected patient chart.

Thanks Aaron,
Nehuen

Aaron McGinn (Cerner)

Feb 18, 2021, 11:57:54 AM2/18/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
The location you chose was an OR, which doesn't seem to match your use-case of a video visit. You will likely want to add a specific location (i.e. a clinic) to your search.

Are you still unable to load the patient's chart today? An Encounter was added, which should resolve this error.

-Aaron (Cerner)

Nehuen Antiman

Mar 4, 2021, 12:07:03 PM3/4/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers

Thank you Aaron. We were able to load the patient chart for the first patient I mentioned (ID = 12749490) though we can't still load the patient chart for the second patient ( ID = 12749491).
Could you add 1 encounter for the second patient as well please?

I tried to use Location/33834827 (MX Urgent Care). Which might not be configured to automatically create an Encounter. But I had to use that one as it was the only one with free slots at the time I needed.

ann_preston.png

Aaron McGinn (Cerner)

Mar 4, 2021, 12:22:38 PM3/4/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Correct, we typically encourage developers to use Clinic 1/2. The Urgent Care Encounter should be available later today!

-Aaron (Cerner)
This conversation is locked