Millennium Bulk Data API struggle

Louis Ciano

Feb 8, 2023, 12:59:38 PM2/8/23
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
HI, I am struggling on how to get started with the Bulk data API. I have created and gotten approval for my systems account, I have read the documentation, and have attempted to test things out.

The client I am working with only uses Millennium Powerchart. Is it possible to still use the API if that is the case?

If so, what should be my first next step? If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated as I have been struggling with this for a few days.

Thank you so much,
Louis

Aaron McGinn (Oracle Cerner)

Feb 8, 2023, 3:51:42 PM2/8/23
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
Have you reviewed the Group Export documentation [1]? The Groups set up in our public sandbox is defined in our test data document [2].

-Aaron (Oracle Cerner)

Louis Ciano

Feb 13, 2023, 9:39:17 AM2/13/23
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi, I have reviewed both of these, I have been able to get the conformance and metadata resources, but after that I have not been able to access any resouces

Louis Ciano

Feb 13, 2023, 12:02:11 PM2/13/23
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi, so I was able to get the resources to get my bearer token but I get two different errors in the content-location when requesting access to the sandbox.

Error with Group with 3 patients: 11ec-d16a-c763b73e-98e8-a31715e6a2bf

{"resourceType":"OperationOutcome","issue":[{"severity":"error","code":"login","diagnostics":"Bearer realm=\"fhir-ehr-code.cerner.com\"","expression":["http.Authorization"]}]}

Error with Group with 10 patients: 11ec-d16a-b40370f8-9d31-577f11a339

{"resourceType":"OperationOutcome","issue":[{"severity":"error","code":"not-found","details":{"text":"Resource not found"}}]}

I am using all the same credentials as well as the same bearer token so I am confused why I am getting two different errors

Esme Bolanos (Oracle Cerner)

Feb 13, 2023, 2:02:41 PM2/13/23
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
Greetings,

Could you share the X-Request-Id from the request headers for these requests?

For the group with 10 patients, the id is: 11ec-d16a-b40370f8-9d31-577f11a339c5, so you are missing the last two digits, which could explain the 404 you are seeing.

Thank you,
    Esme (Oracle Cerner)

Louis Ciano

Feb 13, 2023, 2:41:57 PM2/13/23
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi, I apologize for the group with 10 users. In the Google Doc link posted above, the group ID did not have those two digits. I have fixed that one for the below.

For the two requests:
The group with 3:  9b5a4a2c-7282-40dd-bddc-d99c50aab5b9+8218
The group with 10: 4987f369-2b84-4652-a720-a124198c7c6a+3103

Thank you so much for your help

Louis Ciano

Feb 15, 2023, 1:59:14 PM2/15/23
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi I wanted to follow up regarding this to see if the error was figured out.

Thanks ,
Louis

Esme Bolanos (Oracle Cerner)

Feb 15, 2023, 4:13:00 PM2/15/23
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
Apologies for the delay. I am looking into correcting the Google Doc.

For the x-request-ids you provided I see successful requests. Are you still seeing the 403?

Thank you,
  Esme (Oracle Cerner)

Louis Ciano

Feb 15, 2023, 6:48:51 PM2/15/23
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Esme, no worries! I appreciate all your help. it's not a 403 error and the auth seems to be going through, but when you put the link for the content-location in the browser it comes up with this instead of coming up with the patient info. To my knowledge, this is how we would access the resources, but I might be incorrect, if so please let me know what my next step after this would be to access the sandbox after this request.

{"resourceType":"OperationOutcome","issue":[{"severity":"error","code":"login","diagnostics":"Bearer realm=\"fhir-ehr-code.cerner.com\"","expression":["http.Authorization"]}]}

Here is the x-request for a 3-person group that I just used:

87e48bac-f7d9-4f7b-b59d-a030ac6f4815+7207

Best,

Louis

Esme Bolanos (Oracle Cerner)

Feb 16, 2023, 10:17:35 AM2/16/23
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
Then you for clarifying. Yes, following that content-location would give you links to the resources once the export is complete. Would you be able to provide the x-request-id of the request made to the url in the Content-Location header instead?

Thank you,
   Esme (Oracle Cerner)

Esme Bolanos (Oracle Cerner)

Feb 16, 2023, 10:52:07 AM2/16/23
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
Just saw that you are following the Content-Location link through the browser. Note that this request also requires authorization to be sent: http://fhir.cerner.com/millennium/bulk-data/group-export/#status-request

Louis Ciano

Feb 16, 2023, 11:17:21 AM2/16/23
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
This is the X-request-id after sending authorization

f2f2a123-534c-487d-ad58-647587dd7c1a

Best,

Louis

Esme Bolanos (Oracle Cerner)

Feb 16, 2023, 11:29:18 AM2/16/23
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
Thank you, Louis. The logs indicate that no Authorization header was provided. May i know how you are sending the authorization in your request?

Esme Bolanos (Oracle Cerner)

Feb 16, 2023, 11:31:39 AM2/16/23
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
Rather than using the browser it would be best to make a GET request to that Content-Location the same way you make the export request.

Louis Ciano

Feb 16, 2023, 11:41:25 AM2/16/23
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Esme!  I see the error I am getting. It is a 401 error

HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized

Here is the x id: 00bf740b-5748-4562-ae05-698c6126686e

this is the code I am running
 -H 'Accept: application/fhir+json' \
-H "Authorization: Bearer "{my oauth bearer token used in previous step}" \

Am I supposed to be using the bearer from my personal smart app or the bearer token requested used in the previous step to locate the sandbox endpoint? I have been using the one requested to access the sandbox endpoint.

Thank you again for all of this

Esme Bolanos (Oracle Cerner)

Feb 16, 2023, 12:01:03 PM2/16/23
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
Thank you for providing the way you are sending the request. For this you would use the same token used when requesting the export. Looking at your command it seems you have an extra quotation mark in your Authorization header.

Louis Ciano

Feb 16, 2023, 12:27:16 PM2/16/23
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi, Esme that was just an error with my typing. I had not done that with my authorization. I have been using the same token when requesting the export—any ideas on what is going wrong? Here is another request if that helps:

it is still the same HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized

x-id: 8ee67335-f2fd-42f7-890e-5007e99cd800

with the return of

{"resourceType":"OperationOutcome","issue":[{"severity":"error","code":"login","diagnostics":"Bearer realm=\"fhir-ehr-code.cerner.com\"","expression":["http.Authorization"]}]}

Esme Bolanos (Oracle Cerner)

Feb 16, 2023, 12:42:46 PM2/16/23
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
The logs indicate that the "Authorization" header was not sent in the request. There must be something in your code that is causing this header to not be sent. Are you able to check the output of your CURL request and confirm that this header is being sent?

Output of a call I made shows that Authorization header I sent:

> GET /r4/ec2458f2-1e24-41c8-b71b-0e701af7583d/bulk-export/jobs/{Export ID} HTTP/1.1
> Host: fhir-ehr-code.cerner.com
> Accept: application/fhir+json
> Authorization: Bearer token

Thank you,
  Esme

Louis Ciano

Feb 16, 2023, 1:20:40 PM2/16/23
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi esme! I got it to work! Some issues. for some reason when accepting the URL the command line has a problem with the '\" thank you for all your help!

Best,
Louis

Esme Bolanos (Oracle Cerner)

Feb 16, 2023, 1:44:14 PM2/16/23
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
No problem! Let us know if you have any other issues.

Thank you,
  Esme (Oracle Cerner)