Help please - New addtitional System account needed

VIBHA NAIR

Jun 11, 2020, 11:41:54 PM6/11/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
We already have a System account that we use for most of our needs. Can we create another one with different org access(or a subset of orgs)?

 We want to use this "special" system account for specific get Encounter calls and limiting the results that are returned to just the orgs we need, thus reducing the time taken to fulfill the call. Encounter does not filtering/search by date or orgs, so this is one idea to limit results that not needed.

Do we follow the same process to request the additional account. The link does not rule out multiple system accounts.

Thank you!

Benjamin Eichhorn (Cerner)

Jun 12, 2020, 9:29:36 AM6/12/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi,

You shouldn't need to create another system account and this will not work. System access privileges are an "all or nothing" type of thing. So if privileges are limited for system access, such as a to a specific org, it will limit the results to all system apps in a domain. To retrieve the encounters for a specific org, you will need to retrieve all encounters and do post-filtering to fit your use case.

Thanks,
Ben (Cerner)