Does cerner support Encounter.indication?

Yunwei Wang

Dec 3, 2018, 10:03:20 AM12/3/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Does Cerner's DSTU2 support Encounter.indication (http://hl7.org/fhir/DSTU2/encounter-definitions.html#Encounter.indication)? I don't see it mentioned on DSTU2 API page (https://fhir.cerner.com/millennium/dstu2/encounters/encounter/).

Also, does Cerner support primaryDiagnosis extension which mentioned in the Encounter.reason page "For systems that need to know which was the primary diagnosis, these will be marked with the standard extension primaryDiagnosis (which is a sequence value rather than a flag, 1 = primary diagnosis)."

My use case is how to let user check and adjust the primary diagnosis using Cerner's FHIR API.

Jenni Syed (Cerner)

Dec 4, 2018, 11:41:56 AM12/4/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Yunwei,

We don't currently return the extension or the indication. You can see all diagnoses associated to an encounter by querying the Condition resource for diagnoses and filtering down by encounter id (the encounter filter would need to be applied in-app as we don't yet support that query param).

Regards,
~ Jenni

Yunwei Wang

Dec 5, 2018, 11:54:28 AM12/5/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Jenni:

Is there a non-FHIR API we can use to read/write diagnosis' primary status?

Yunwei

Jenni Syed (Cerner)

Dec 7, 2018, 9:39:11 AM12/7/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Yunwei,

There aren't any other web/rest APIs available that would do that.

~ Jenni