How can I update patient information?

Monty Lennie

Nov 28, 2018, 11:58:30 AM11/28/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
I have followed the tutorial: https://engineering.cerner.com/smart-on-fhir-tutorial/#introduction

Now I would like to ask the user a question: "Is this patient alive?" Or "Are you currently feeling pain?" and then update that user with the new information.

What is the best way to go about this?

Eric Sornson (Cerner)

Nov 28, 2018, 6:36:14 PM11/28/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers

Hey Monty, I'm glad you got a chance to play around with the API!

The concept of `deceased` is an attribute of the Patient resource (see: Patient.deceased).  However our FHIR implementation doesn't currently support patient updates (see: https://fhir.cerner.com/millennium/dstu2/individuals/patient).

The response to the question "Are you currently feeling pain?" would like be an Observation or a Questionnaire Response FHIR resource, which we also don’t currently support the creation of.

- Eric (Cerner)

Monty Lennie

Nov 28, 2018, 8:56:12 PM11/28/18
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Eric,

Is there currently anything that I can update? Do you have a list of things that can be updated in connection to a patient?

Michele Mottini

Nov 28, 2018, 9:08:47 PM11/28/18
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
You can see that in the documentation - for example DocumentReference can be created: https://fhir.cerner.com/millennium/dstu2/infrastructure/document-reference/

  - Michele
  CareEvolution Inc

Andy Kaehr (Cerner)

Nov 29, 2018, 8:56:49 AM11/29/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
MedicationStatement and Condition are a couple more resources that support updates.