Unable to Request System Account for Sandbox Environment

Justin Holzer

Nov 5, 2018, 10:22:30 AM11/5/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
I'm currently trying to request a system account for the Cerner public sandbox by placing a request to the Cloud Operations team in eService. However, when I access the eService platform and log in, using the same account I created for the Code Developer Console, I immediately see a page stating that an HTTP 500 "Internal Server" error has occurred. I've tried multiple browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, IE), but the result is the same each time.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there any other way to contact Cloud Operations?

Jenni Syed (Cerner)

Nov 7, 2018, 10:08:01 AM11/7/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Justin,

You should be able to request an account from the system accounts tool instead of eService. Note: since this is for non-prod, you may need to register for an account in the non-prod identity provider (it's a little confusing).

Regards,
~ Jenni

Justin Holzer

Nov 7, 2018, 11:23:35 AM11/7/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Thanks Jenni. Could you provide a link to where I need to go to register for an account with the non-prod identity provider? I have a CernerCare account, which I've been able to use to successfully log in to the Code Console and register apps, but what you're describing sounds different.

In the authorization documentation that you linked to, I'm able to find a link to a wiki page that explains how to register for a system account:

However, the wiki seems to assume that I should already have access to the system where an account would be requested. If I have access to this system, I certainly have no idea where to go in order to access it. Following the breadcrumbs further lead me to the "Contacting Cloud Operations" wiki page, which is what ultimately directed me to eService.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Justin

Justin Holzer

Nov 7, 2018, 11:36:37 AM11/7/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
I was able to submit a request for a system account by logging in to CernerCentral System Accounts, which has the following URL:

As far as I can tell, there doesn't appear to be any link to CernerCentral in the SMART on FHIR docs. I found it through a combination of poking around other parts of the wiki and Google searches. Perhaps the docs should be updated to include a link directly to CernerCentral?

Thanks,

Justin

Jenni Syed (Cerner)

Nov 7, 2018, 12:10:58 PM11/7/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hey Justin, you responded while I was responding... You're going to want to cancel the request below because it's to production instead of non-prod.

Original response:
Well, it looks like they've updated that page recently and it's not as helpful. I'll work on getting that worked out (there's no link to the actual app anymore). Can you confirm if this link shows you links to the apps at the top: https://wiki.cerner.com/display/public/CernerCentral/Requesting+A+System+Account?draft=false

Also, to request a system account for our public sandbox, go to this link: https://sandboxcernercare.com/accounts/

This will require a CernerCentral account, but it's a "non prod" account (so you'll need to create one). We're working on making this better.

For the fields, you can follow that guide for SMART/FHIR apps:

    • Client Name: Your organization name. If you are not a Cerner client, enter your company or organization name.
    • CernerWorks Mnemonic: Ignore this field if you're not a client.
    • Platform or Service Name: SMART on FHIR
    • Solution Name: The name of the application.
    • Cerner Contact: leave blank
    • Purpose: A brief explanation of the use for the account. EG: to access FHIR data.
  1. Enter No in the Production System field.
  2. Cerner Client field, click No unless you're a Cerner client.
  3. Click No for the Millennium System option
Click Submit.

Sorry about the confusion!

~ Jenni

Justin Holzer

Nov 7, 2018, 12:47:02 PM11/7/18
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
Jenni,

Thank you for helping to get this issue straightened out! The link you provided for the wiki page does show the links to the apps (prod and non-prod) at the top.

As you suggested, I've canceled the request I previously submitted, and I'll create an account and put in the request for an account in the sandbox environment.

Thanks again!

Justin

Matthew Beermann (Cerner)

Nov 8, 2018, 1:49:37 PM11/8/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Apologies for the confusion here; you caught us in the middle of an in-progress-but-not-yet-published reorganization of the help pages in question. A bunch of changes were published just today; if you begin again at https://wiki.cerner.com/display/CernerCentral/Requesting+a+System+Account+in+System+Account+Management, I think you'll find a more explicit trail of breadcrumbs to the (correct) conclusions you and Jenni already reached above.

--Matthew