Editing an AllergyIntolerance and adding a new note does not get saved

tri...@cura.tech

Aug 9, 2017, 9:56:49 AM8/9/17
to Cerner FHIR Developers
I am using open sandbox to test this.

When an Allergy object is edited and I try to add new value for note to the existing Allergy object, the save is successful without any error but when I try to read the same object, I don't receive the note as part of FHIR read. It is possible note is being ignored during save.

Jenni Syed (Cerner)

Aug 9, 2017, 12:00:53 PM8/9/17
to Cerner FHIR Developers
If a note already exists on an allergy, you cannot add/modify notes. This is a limitation due to the way that FHIR in DSTU 2 only allows 1 note, not a list of notes.

We need to update our documentation, since it doesn't look like that's called out specifically.

~ Jenni

Jenni Syed (Cerner)

Aug 9, 2017, 12:45:42 PM8/9/17
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Do you have the X-Request-Id from the update? I would like to do a sanity check. The request above is just for the read.

~ Jenni

ken...@cura.tech

Aug 10, 2017, 2:15:27 AM8/10/17
to Cerner FHIR Developers
I am sharing you the correct X-Request_id below

Jenni Syed (Cerner)

Aug 10, 2017, 12:28:06 PM8/10/17
to Cerner FHIR Developers
I confirmed that the comment existed prior to the update - this is the scenario that wouldn't be allowed. You can, unfortunately, only add a comment when one doesn't already exist. You cannot modify a comment that already exists nor add another since FHIR only allows 1 note per allergy.

~ Jenni