Sandbox System Authentication

Assigned to aaron....@oracle.com by me

Ian LaFlamme

Feb 9, 2022, 10:09:31 AM2/9/22
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello,
I have recently been testing requests against your Cerner sandbox to explore the FHIR responses from your APIs.

The open endpoint works great for me like so:

I'm having trouble getting the system authentication to work though.

I have tried using the bearer token provided to me in the secrets page of my Cerner Central account. I also tried using these with no luck either:

See below for my terminal commands:

$ CLIENT_ID="our client ID here" $ CLIENT_SECRET="our secret from the system account @ cerner central" $ T=$(echo -n $CLIENT_ID:$CLIENT_SECRET | base64) $ curl -v -X POST 'https://authorization.cerner.com/tenants/ec2458f2-1e24-41c8-b71b-0e701af7583d/protocols/oauth2/profiles/smart-v1/token' -H 'Accept: application/json' -H "Authorization: Basic $T" -H 'Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded' -H 'cache-control: no-cache' -d 'grant_type=client_credentials&scope=system%2FObservation.read%20system%2FPatient.read'

I'd appreciate any guidance on getting a couple test curls to work in your secure sandbox, using a system token.

- thanks

Thomas Durlach

Feb 10, 2022, 10:08:41 AM2/10/22
to Cerner FHIR Developers
I am in the same boat.

https://fhir-open.cerner.com/dstu2/<MYCLIENTID>/Patient/12742400
Accept: application/json+fhir
Authorization: Basic <TOKEN>
Host: fhir-open.cerner.com

ERROR 502

Question: is the <TOKEN>, the oauth token that is sent from /oauth/access or the secret? I tried both with no luck

Ian LaFlamme

Feb 17, 2022, 2:19:10 PM2/17/22
to Cerner FHIR Developers
resolved.

Ian LaFlamme

Feb 17, 2022, 2:19:38 PM2/17/22
to Cerner FHIR Developers

Aaron McGinn (Cerner)

Feb 18, 2022, 5:00:49 PM2/18/22
to Cerner FHIR Developers
If this has not answered your question, feel free to open a new thread and we can determine what is happening!

-Aaron (Cerner)
This conversation is locked