Where in the R4 MedicationRequest is when the medication was administered?

Assigned to aaron....@oracle.com by me

kcc...@gmail.com

Jun 17, 2021, 11:58:12 AM6/17/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello,

Where in the R4 MedicationRequest API call is when the medication was administered?  I've checked JSON coming from out of ourPROD domain and I don't when the drug was actually given.  I only see when the provider wanted to have it given.

Aaron McGinn (Cerner)

Jun 17, 2021, 12:31:01 PM6/17/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
MedicationRequest is just the order of the medication. MedicationAdministration includes the instances of when the medication was actually administered.

-Aaron (Cerner)

kcc...@gmail.com

Jun 17, 2021, 1:34:10 PM6/17/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Aaron,

I don't see a MedicationAdministration for R4 https://fhir.cerner.com only MedicationRequest.  What is the R4 api call for MedicationAdministration?

kcc...@gmail.com

Jun 18, 2021, 10:16:04 AM6/18/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Nevermind.  I found a post from Fenil saying MedicationAdministration is not done yet.  Lol we needed diet orders for our dashboard so we migrated to R4 but looks like we lost MedicationAdministration in the process.

Aaron McGinn (Cerner)

Jun 24, 2021, 3:42:04 PM6/24/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
If you do need MedicationAdministration before it is available in R4, we can help you configure your app to use the DSTU2 version (you would have to keep track of this using a different path).

-Aaron (Cerner)