Questions on building a Case focused integration and Case Selection in PowerChart/SurgiNet

Patrick Coulombe

Jun 1, 2020, 10:40:44 AM6/1/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi all,

We've started prototyping an integration using the Cerner sandbox environment, and I have some questions about how the software handles cases.
We were shown a demo of how users interact with SurgiNet to document the usage of supplies and implants on a case
(I'm going to assume that the components we observed are Cerner-owned, please let me know if the resources I'm referencing do not exist in the generic product).
Given that our application is case-focused, we need the case context to launch.

I have a few questions related to this-

1. In terms of the HL7 FHIR specification, is there an entity that maps directly to the Case? (I see DSTU2 has a Procedure resource, but a case can have multiple procedures)
2. When a user selects a case from the Case Selection screen, and then moves to Perioperative Doc, I presume that case is cached somewhere?
3. Would it be possible to pass that case ID to an integrated app? Or perform a FHIR call to retrieve it somehow?
4. If this is not supported, do you expect to support this in the future?
5. Is it possible to embed an app inside of Perioperative Doc?