Patient Create

Rich Carr

Mar 23, 2023, 1:32:26 PM3/23/23
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers

Overall I don't understand why there is such a gap between a lot of examples and reality.  I don't understand this comment:

Note: The examples provided here are non-normative and replaying them in the public sandbox is not guaranteed to yield the results shown on the site.

Why can't the examples work?  I tried the create patient and got an error, so I reduced it to only the things required, and still get an error.

https://fhir-open.cerner.com/r4/ec2458f2-1e24-41c8-b71b-0e701af7583d/Patient

{

  "resourceType""Patient",

  "identifier": [

    {

      "assigner": {

        "reference""Organization/3170032"

      }

    }

  ],

  "name": [

    {

      "use""official",

      "family""Carr",

      "given": [

        "Richard",

        "Rich"

      ],

      "period": {

        "start""2010-05-17T14:54:31.000Z"

      }

    }

  ]

}

{

    "resourceType""OperationOutcome",

    "issue": [

        {

            "severity""error",

            "code""not-found",

            "details": {

                "text""Not Found"

            }

        }

    ]

}

Sukesh Konjeti (Oracle Cerner)

Mar 24, 2023, 1:13:15 AM3/24/23
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello,

Can you please use the closed end point for creating patient by providing an authorization token.
Closed endpoint url : https://fhir-ehr-code.cerner.com/r4/ec2458f2-1e24-41c8-b71b-0e701af7583d/Patient I was able to create patient with the above body.
Create workflow will not work with open endpoint.
If you want to include more fields, you can check the create workflow working example here: https://fhir.cerner.com/millennium/r4/base/individuals/patient/#create

Thank You,
Sukesh Konjeti(Oracle Cerner).

Rich Carr

Mar 27, 2023, 12:35:33 PM3/27/23
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
ok, so now I feel like an idiot :)   Thanks for being so observant that you noticed what I had done! Also works for me (of course).

Thanks,
Rich

Rich Carr

Mar 27, 2023, 12:41:39 PM3/27/23
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
One more question - I added this patient with only the small body you see here, when I went back in on a GET for the ID that was returned, it appears that the system added:
MRN Identifer
Millenium Person Identifier
Gender

I don't see that documented, but it makes sense to me that it did that.  Did I miss that in the doco somewhere?

Thanks again,
Rich

Sukesh Konjeti (Oracle Cerner)

Mar 28, 2023, 6:24:18 AM3/28/23
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello Rich,

I think you are correct, its not mentioned in the documentation.

Thank You,
Sukesh Konjeti(Oracle Cerner)

Craig P.

Mar 29, 2023, 12:15:42 PM3/29/23
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
I have a thread open about 401 when creating observations and I see this thread is also about creating (patients) and that at least 2 people have gotten it to work.  With this body and my bearer token I still get 401.  So I am starting to think there is some limitation to my token.
"issue": [
        {
            "severity""error",
            "code""login",
            "diagnostics""Bearer realm=\"fhir-ehr-code.cerner.com\", error=\"invalid_token\"",
            "expression": [
                "http.Authorization"
            ]
        }