Encounter search parameter confusion

Brett Murray

Dec 10, 2022, 7:40:54 PM12/10/22
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
We're trying to search the Encounter resource to pull back all encounters for a Patient with a specific MRN value.  I'm not sure how to format the search parameter to make this work.

From the Cerner spec:

GET /Encounter?:parameters

How do we use the 'patient' parameter to specify a patient 'identifier' and not an '_id'?  Test patient Nancy Smart has an MRN value of '6930'.  Thought the following GET call would work, we're getting "text": "patient: invalid reference format" in the response.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Aaron McGinn (Oracle Cerner)

Dec 15, 2022, 8:44:43 PM12/15/22
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
You will have to do a Patient lookup (by identifier, if necessary), then use the Patient.id as the Encounter search's patient parameter.

-Aaron (Oracle Cerner)