Invalid request to authentication endpoint

Assigned to desani...@gmail.com by aaron....@oracle.com

Gašper Andrejc (PARSEK)

Mar 1, 2021, 8:40:33 AM3/1/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello,

I've registered a smart on FHIR application (type: provider) and am trying to obtain an access token for the FHIR server.

I'm using Client Id (3a3ee28f-26fe-4ce2-9785-127d5dc0dca2) as seen in the smart-on-fhir dashboard and client secret as I see it for my system account.

The error i get back is 'invalid request'.

Client authentication: 'Client secret sent as basic auth'
Scopes:  launch profile fhirUser openid online_access user/Account.read

The main issue I see may be that I'm using either wrong clientId or (probably this one?) wrong client secret? Is it alright to use system account client secret as the client secret for this provider app? If not, where do I get the client secret?

Best, Gasper

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

Mar 1, 2021, 4:15:07 PM3/1/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Provider Applications do not use Basic Auth. Basic Auth is used for system Apps.
Please refer our documentation for Authorization workflows: http://fhir.cerner.com/authorization/#requesting-authorization-on-behalf-of-a-user

This conversation is locked