Citrix workspace: ActionController::InvalidAuthenticityToken in Devise::SessionsController#create

Monty Lennie

Oct 29, 2019, 12:10:32 PM10/29/19
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
I'm using a `ruby on rails 5` app inside of a `Cerner powerchart application` that itself is being launched from within a `citrix workspace` and I'm getting the following error when attempting to log in

`ActionController::InvalidAuthenticityToken in Devise::SessionsController#create`

invalid_authenticity_token.png

If I add `skip_before_action :verify_authenticity_token` to `applicationController.rb` then it signs in correctly but when it performs the after sign in redirect, there is no longer a `current_user` stored in the next controller action and then throws a `not authenticated` error since there is no longer a `current_user` set.

Benjamin Eichhorn (Cerner)

Oct 30, 2019, 10:01:27 AM10/30/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Monty,

You may want to try debugging and investigate how Rails is handling Authenticity Tokens. It's possible it uses sessionStorage which we don't recommend (please see the HTML5 Session Storage on https://fhir.cerner.com/smart/). We won't be able to provide much assistance outside of this in terms of debugging your application. If you are having other issues around SMART on FHIR please feel free to reach out again.

Thanks,
Ben (Cerner)

Monty Lennie

Oct 31, 2019, 8:32:51 PM10/31/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Thank you for your response. Ruby on Rails 5 currently uses a cookie to store the session. Are you aware if there is currently an issue with storing info in cookies from within powerchart? Also are you aware of what technology powerchart uses to show the application. If it's another browser perhaps I can try to debug on that broswer and version. Thank you

Monty Lennie

Oct 31, 2019, 11:05:35 PM10/31/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Also is it possible to see storage contents like we can in chrome devtools? For instance ...

Screenshot 2019-10-31 21:03:22.png

I've installed the f-twelve library and it's great for showing javascript console but I cannot see network or storage information. Is there another library to view network and sotrage information in powerchart?

Benjamin Eichhorn (Cerner)

Nov 1, 2019, 9:03:19 AM11/1/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Monty,

Please see our documentation on Browser Requirements here[1]. I, unfortunately, do not know of any other library that would show network or storage information.

Thanks,
Ben (Cerner)

Monty Lennie

Nov 1, 2019, 11:31:33 AM11/1/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Thank you Ben. Also: Ruby on Rails 5 currently uses a cookie to store the session. Are you aware if there is currently an issue with storing info in cookies from within powerchart? Also are you aware of what technology powerchart uses to show the application. Does it use IE 10? If it's another browser perhaps I can try to debug on that broswer and version. Thank you