Family History through FHIR API

Rob Rucker

Mar 24, 2020, 1:56:01 PM3/24/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello FHIR Folks,

This thread discussed family history, but does not come to a definitive answer on how to get family history through the FHIR API. One idea I thought of after reading that thread would be to use the CCD returned by the DocumentReference -> Binary resources to get family history. I tried this on a few sandbox patients, but the family history section did not appear in the generated CCD. This could either mean that these sandbox patients don't have family history documented in such a way that it would show up in the CCD, or that Cerner does not implement the Family History CCD section. Could somebody weigh in on this question?

-Rob Rucker
--Moxe Health

Kathy Pickering (Cerner)

Mar 24, 2020, 5:54:18 PM3/24/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Rob - We do not currently support returning Family History in the CCD.

-  Kathy

Rob Rucker

Mar 25, 2020, 11:51:03 AM3/25/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Thanks, Kathy. Are there any alternate methods to get Family History, perhaps through a non-FHIR web service or something?

-Rob Rucker
--Moxe Health

Cerner FHIR Developers

Mar 25, 2020, 11:55:39 AM3/25/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello Rob,

This Google group is focused on supporting Cerner's implementation of FHIR. Please reach out to other resources that may be able to assist with your question.

If you are working with a particular client, their engagement leader might be a good point of contact to start with.

Thanks,
Cerner Engineering