Access Token Request - unauthorized error

Assigned to aaron....@oracle.com by me

aa and

Feb 26, 2021, 2:16:49 PM2/26/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
I am now receiving an unauthorized error when attempting to retrieve an access token in our dev environment. The error being reported is "invalid_client". i'm using the client ID/secret from a registered system account we have for our dev environment.

Here is a correlation ID from the error uri:
Correlation ID: bf55fe21-ae5c-4c08-9f85-338c0cd609d9

grant_type: client_credentials
scope: system/AllergyIntolerance.read system/Appointment.read system/Condition.read system/DiagnosticReport.read system/Encounter.read system/Immunization.read system/MedicationOrder.read system/MedicationStatement.read system/Observation.read system/Patient.read system/Patient.write system/Person.read system/Practitioner.read system/Procedure.read system/RelatedPerson.read system/Schedule.read system/Slot.read system/AllergyIntolerance.write system/Appointment.write system/Condition.write system/MedicationStatement.write

also added the following headers:
Authorization: (not sure how to share this value as it contains encoded client ID and secret from system account)
Accept: application/json

I believe i've added everything necessary as per these docs: https://fhir.cerner.com/authorization/#requesting-authorization-on-behalf-of-a-system

i have a client ID and secret that i have retrieved from the system account that are base64 encoded to be used for authorization. but not sure what the best way it to share that.

Aaron McGinn (Cerner)

Feb 26, 2021, 6:27:26 PM2/26/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Indeed, you should not share your Authorization token or secret.

Since you are using a non-production domain and hitting the authorization.sandboxcerner.com server, you should also be using your system account in the SandboxCernerCentral [1]. Note that even if the account IDs are the same between Sandbox and Production, the secrets will be unique.

-Aaron (Cerner)

aa and

Mar 1, 2021, 10:17:01 AM3/1/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
our old developer left and i wasn't left with any info on our sandboxcerner accounts or the non sandbox accounts... i'll see if i can find info on the sandbox accounts and get access. thank you!
This conversation is locked