Code Set 72 Clinical Event Codes - NICU events

Aamir Nayeem

May 19, 2020, 4:52:07 PM5/19/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Is there a master set (or even a common subset) of Clinical Events that Cerner clients use?

I'm interested in finding information on events relating to procedures in the NICU and, from the documentation available, it seems Code Set 72 is used as a catch-all for events without a LOINC or SNOMED code. Is there a common set of NICU events that Cerner clients would use?

Aamir Nayeem

Jun 9, 2020, 9:11:58 AM6/9/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Upon further discussion, it seems Code Set 72 codes do get mapped to LOINC/SNOMED codes for output to FHIR, so those can be used for FHIR searches.

However, I'm still interested to hear if anyone has any insight on events used/recorded in the NICU.

Joe Rattazzi (Cerner)

Jun 9, 2020, 9:44:21 AM6/9/20
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aamir,

Code Set 72 is Cerner's Clinical Event Codes system. It is entirely customizable by clients, but as you've seen, we do perform targeted LOINC/SNOMED mappings. Code Set 72 is quite large, so while we do perform a standard set of mappings for all clients, we tend to perform targeted mappings on a per-need basis.

Based on your questions, I'm guessing you're asking about Observations (let us know if not). I don't believe we have any standard set of NICU Observations for clients, but if there is something you'd specifically like to see available in the public sandbox, we can assist there.

And here's more information about using standard codes for searching, such as LOINC (and what you might expect to see): https://fhir.cerner.com/millennium/faq/common-issues/#requests-by-specific-loinc-codes

Thanks!
Joe (Cerner)